Saturday, May 24, 2008

Debra Denise Godfrey and Betty Louise Quigley

Resting in Peace... Finally
Megan and Ashley at Grandma's gravesite

Well, it's officially in, the headstone made its way to the grave this weekend. Just in time for Memorial Day. After almost being put on the wrong grave and missing in action for a week or two...

The girls and I took some flowers and a pinwheel to the grave today. My mom loved pinwheels.

The stone is beautiful. Crystal - if you are reading this, you did a really good job with it. Thanks sis! My mom also loved the color pink, we thought a pretty pink stone would do the job.

The inscriptions also look really good. We wanted to be sure that even though Grandma didn't get buried, that she had a final resting place and somewhere to be was remembered as well. And we thought since these two wonderful and feisty ladies were inseperable and always together in life, that it only seemed fitting in the afterlife.

It seems like only yesterday that we lost Mom and Grandma. But it feels like an eternity has already passed. I called my aunt Pam to let her know it had finally arrived, and she said it best, "now they can finallly rest." And I think I can too.

No comments: